Jobs with dogs are available on this page. Employment part time or full time in dog grooming salons and mobile dog grooming is available in city and regional areas including Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide, Darwin, Hobart.
Pet Jobs and Horse Jobs or other Animal Jobs available in all states of Australia including NSW, VIC, QLD, WA, SA, TAS, NT.
DOG GROOMING JOBS
Getting a job in Dog Grooming is easy if you follow a) some simple steps and b) try to understand the dog groomer employer's position vacancy in depth and where they are coming from.
Understanding your dog grooming employer
Dog Groomers often start out as one person units. As their business grows they need to either turn away new business or take on dog grooming staff. Often they have never before been an employer so they may be new at this. Job seekers need to keep that in mind if they apply for a job with a groomer who is employing for the first time. Some however are in quite the opposite position, they have taken on many full or part time dog groomers and for various reasons it has not worked out well for them.
If you try to put yourself as a job seeker into the employer's position you will find that your job application and interview will have a greater chance of success.
Steps to follow when applying for a job as a dog groomer
- Have a simple one page resume and mail it to dog groomers in the areas you can conveniently travel to with a short covering letter with our name and contact details.
- Follow up your letter with a phone call. Ask the grooming salon or mobile dog grooming company if they received it. Tell them some of the main points in your cover letter / resume. Tell them why you want to groom for them and why you think you would be a good asset to their business.
- If you gain a job interview make sure that you find out as much about the grooming company beforehand. Employers like it if you know about their business as it shows that you are serious about working for them.
- At the interview you should present as positive and again go over the points in your covering letter and resume. If you have researched a little and found out what dog grooming salon owners want in an employee you can explain how you meet those requirements.
- Take a copy of your covering letter and resume with you and hand to the employer at the beginning of the interview. Groomers are often too busy for paperwork and may not have brought it with them to the interview.
- Have short list of points you really MUST mention about yourself and why you would be suitable for the dog grooming position.